How Long Does Invisalign Take To Work?
March 26, 2022 - 0 COMMENTS
Invisalign is a common dental appliance that many people use to straighten their teeth. On average it may take at least 6 months of course in every case and every smile is different. And the time may differ according to the specific need. Invisalign is a kind of aligner that uses plastic trays to gently and slowly realign your teeth. You need to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day to get better and faster results.
3D Imaging is used to take the impression of your teeth to create the Invisalign aligners. The duration of treatment and recovery and results depends on the complexity of the problem and issues you want to address. The Invisalign procedure can be costly. So it’s better to let Delta Dental PPO plan to cover the cost to some extent.
What dental issues can the Invisalign procedure treat?
Invisalign Near Me treats various kinds of dental issues. Including spacing issues or crowding. It can also help in treating issues like underbite, overbite, the gap between the teeth, crossbite, an open bite, etc. Invisalign is a great option if you are suffering from these problems.
What can negatively affect the Invisalign treatment?
It is important to wear your aligners for 22 hours a day to Invisalign to work effectively. You are only supposed to remove the aligners when you are eating or drinking something which could damage or stain the aligners, clean your Invisalign aligners, or when you floss or brush your teeth. The things which could negatively affect the aligners are.
- Cleaning your aligners with extremely hot water
- Roughly brushing it to clean
- Eating or drinking while wearing aligners
- Wearing the aligners when you have a gum infection
- Scratching the aligners
- Grinding your teeth
- If you are not wearing them for enough hours a day.
What are the major pros of Invisalign treatment?
Aligners and Braces can both be used to treat children’s and adults’ sleep apnea, with aligners being not that visible or noticeable Second, to treat obstructive Sleep Apnea problems in children a quick palate expander is occasionally used. There are some other more beneficial factors of Invisalign such as
- They are removable. You can remove the aligner physically from your mouth if you need to.
- The aesthetic factor. They are less visible than the traditional braces which makes them a good choice if you don’t want unnecessary attention on your aligners.
- Lesser potential problems. You don’t have to worry about the future potential problems with Invisalign aligners. Many people with traditional braces have complained about a fell-off bracket or a broken wire, which leads to an emergency visit to an orthodontist.
- Easy teeth cleaning. Invisalign aligners can be removed easily which makes it easier to brush or floss your teeth and maintain oral hygiene.
In the end, we can conclude that the above-given matter provides us with useful information regarding the Invisalign aligners, Invisalign process, benefits of Invisalign, and much more. For further information please contact edgedentalhouston.com