July 19, 2022 - 0 COMMENTS
According to an orthodontic specialist of Florida, A professional in-office teeth whitening typically involves several steps.
- To identify the current shade of your teeth, your dentist will consult a tooth shade chart. You’ll talk about how much lighter your smile might get after Miami beach teeth whitening.
- Your dentist will polish the remaining plaque off your tooth using a pumice tool.
- Your teeth whitening Miami fl dentist will use equipment to keep your mouth open to ensure the whitening chemical doesn’t touch any fleshy areas of your mouth, such as your cheeks, tongue, or gums. Along the gum line, they put a barrier in place.
- Your dentist will carefully apply the whitening agent and may leave it on for up to an hour. If light activation is a part of your therapy, this is also the time when your dentist would use it.
- Your pediatric dentist Miami fl will reapply the whitening chemical if it needs more coats for the particular whitening product.
- They’ll wash your mouth after finishing the whitening procedure. Your dentist may apply fluoride, which will lessen any potential sensitivity.
- You and your pediatric dentist Miami talk about whether your teeth have attained the ideal shade and the lifestyle choices you should make over the next several days to allow the whitening agent to do its job. These include avoiding foods with vivid colors and abstaining from coffee and red wine.
What do take-home whitening trays do?
While the in-office whitening treatment is fast, customizable take-home whitening trays may require some diligence on the patient’s part. Suppose your dentist thinks your smile is susceptible to obtaining new stains soon. In that case, they might be your only treatment or a follow-up to in-office whitening. Your dentist will take an impression of your teeth using a professional take-home tray to create a custom-fitted tray.
This tray will often provide more specific whitening results than OTC trays because it will conform to your mouth’s structure. You’ll probably receive a carbamide peroxide-based gel to put in the tray and use at home rather than one based on the hydrogen-peroxide gel. Even though it does not work as fast as hydrogen peroxide gel, you’re less likely to experience side effects like sensitivity if you accidently get it on your gums, tongue, or cheeks.
Is there any difference between in-office whitening and take-home trays longevity?
No teeth whitening treatment gives permanent results. However, you still want to take every precaution to ensure that your teeth continue to shine for months or even years. Experts advise experts to maintain a strict oral hygiene regimen, avoid foods with bright colors, coffee, red wine, and soda, and utilize over-the-counter touch-up solutions.
There is no one-cut winner regarding which treatment will last the longest, though, with bespoke trays, regularity is crucial. When you compare it to an in-office visit, which may take one or two sittings, wearing at-home trays can be done repeatedly for up to three to five years.
We hope the above-provided information is beneficial in terms of teeth whitening treatment. The above article gives us valuable insight into how teeth whitening treatment works. For further informative details, please visit ivanovortho.com.