What Is Sciatica?
August 25, 2022 - 0 COMMENTS
Sciatica pain is caused by various reasons such as irritation, inflammation, pinching, or compression of a sciatic nerve. This large nerve extends from your lower back to the back of each leg.
Here are some Common symptoms of sciatica nerve pain. If you find any such signs, you should contact a back pain doctor woodland to eliminate any severe issues.
- A severe pain in the back or leg that is worse when you sit
- Lower back pain and Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down your leg
- If you experience weakness, numbness, or a hard time moving your leg or foot
- A sharp and shooting pain that makes it hard to stand up
Sciatica usually affects one side of your body; however, the pain extends to the lower back through the back of your thigh and down your legs and may vary where the sciatic nerve is affected. So, you should immediately contact back center new jersey for proper diagnosis and sciatic back pain treatment.
When should you see a doctor?
The pain from the sciatica nerve is very severe and disabling, but for some people, the pain might be infrequent and irritating, but this may get worse if left untreated. Therefore you should seek your doctor for chronic back pain treatment.
Here are some conditions in which you can visit your doctor for the treatment of sciatica, such as:
- Fever and Swelling
- Back pain or redness in your back or near the spine
- Pain that moves from your thighs to feets
- Numbness or weakness in the upper thighs and legs
- Burning sensation when you pee or blood in your pee
- Serious and unbearable pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
If back pain specialists Clifton finds that you are suffering from sciatic pain, they will ask for a physical exam to check your body strength and reflexes.
But if you are suffering from immense pain, your doctor will suggest imaging tests check your bone spurs and herniated disks. Here are some more tests and checks they may prescribe you to know what your issue is:
- X-ray and digital scanning of your body so they can check your bone spurs.
- CT scan and digital scanning combination will help the doctor to find a better idea about your spinal cord and spinal nerve.
- MRI, which uses radioactive waves and magnetic fields to create detailed pictures of your back and spine
- Electromyography (EMG) is a measurement of nerve signals through your body. For example, in this, your doctor will check how fast your body herniated dist send signals to your body.
Sciatica Medication and Treatment
Your doctor will recommend at-home remedies and some prescribed medicines to improve your body. However, in some cases, they will recommend surgery. Here are some home remedies you should consider:
- Using cold ice or hot packs
- Stretching and exercises
- Taking over-the-counter(OTC) pain medication
But back center NJ might suggest other options if your pain isn’t improving.
- Anti-seizure medications
- Muscle relaxants
- Tricyclic antidepressants
If you experience any such signs and symptoms of Sciatic nerve pain, you should visit back pain specialists for proper diagnosis and treatment of the issue.